If you’re a woman experiencing problems with drugs or alcohol, get on the road to recovery – and on one specifically designed for you. To learn more about women’s drug rehab, call us today at 877-640-1943.
What’s different about women’s drug rehab programs?
Women’s drug rehab places a strong emphasis on comfort. Drug rehab only works if the client is at ease and can eventually emotionally open up to both counselors and fellow addicts during group therapy sessions. Women surrounded by other women battling addiction, led by counselors who specialize in treating women, find it easier to relax and begin the healing process.
What services do women’s drug rehab facilities offer?
Women’s drug rehab offers the same services and amenities you’ll find at a traditional treatment facility, plus additional attention to issues more commonly known to affect women, like eating disorders. At a women’s rehab you’ll find:
- Detox treatment with proper medical supervision
- Drug rehab staff and counselors with extensive addiction training
- Mental health/dual diagnosis treatment programs
- Holistic drug treatment plans that restore mind, body and soul
- Instruction on how to stay clean after rehab, such as tips for relapse prevention
Do women experience addiction differently than men?
Without a doubt. One reason why women’s rehab programs were created was because traditional rehab facility clients tended to be about 60% male. This sometimes would lead to women’s issues receiving less attention than necessary. Those issues include:
- Women are more likely to have developed their addiction as a way of coping with trauma or emotional pain. Domestic violence may be an issue for some female addicts.
- Women, biologically, are affected differently by substance abuse. A women’s rehab will take note of this different body composition and hormonal balance when devising a treatment plan.
- Women experience a range of social and cultural pressures that men don’t. To conquer their history of drug abuse, women in recovery must learn to handle these social pressures in healthier ways.
- Women have different preferences when it comes to building décor and design. An effective drug rehab needs a welcoming atmosphere — and many women’s drug rehabs feature room styles and colors preferred by women.
A better life is waiting at a facility created for women.
Addiction affects every part of a woman’s life, from her career aspirations, to her ability to socialize with friends, to the simple act of grocery shopping. Don’t let your life — or the life of your mother, sister or daughter — be dragged down by substance abuse.
One call to American American Addiction Centers can open up a world of happiness and peace that, at this moment, might not seem possible. But it is possible, and lots of other women have gone from the depths of despair to living positive, productive lives.
When a woman successfully enters recovery, all of those around her benefit, too. Newark, NJ Mayor Cory Booker talked about this phenomenon while cutting the ribbon on a new women’s treatment center in his city.
“If you support women, you can transform a village,” Booker said. “When a woman rises up, she lifts all of us up.”
No matter your insurance, be it Cigna, Aetna, Humana, Blue Cross / Blue Shield (BCBS), Assurant, Unicare, United Health Care, Anthem, Carefirst, Asuris Northwest Health, Golden Rule, Celtic Insurance, Fortis, Health Net, Kaiser, Vista, Shelter, Wellpoint, Tri Care, Accordia or even Medicare, and state insurance — we can help you find a women’s drug rehab facility. We also offer many affordable self pay options as well as luxury women’s drug rehab.